30 November 2021
Managing Winter in the workplace
With another winter season fast approaching, it is time for many businesses to prepare for the impact this season can bring. From (probably online!) Christmas parties to annual leave issues, and some adverse weather headaches too, this can be a season for a number of HR (and perhaps party related too) headaches.
We have pulled together our most relevant content to help you navigate this time and avoid the winter blues, helping you to get ahead of problems before they arise.
Here you will find policies dealing with Christmas related issues, such as managing behaviour, especially part related and when alcohol is involved.
- Christmas party preparation
- Handling the online Christmas party season
- Employer vigilance required to avoid increasing risk of harassment claims
- Harassment risks increasing for employers
- Workplace fancy dress: some do’s and don’ts
- Survey reveals under-reporting of sexual harassment at work
- Should HR get involved in an office romance?
Employment law resources
Policy design tips
If you don't already have a relevant policy, see our policy design tips for ways to develop your own.
- Investigating a harassment complaint
- Ensuring acceptable behaviour at a workplace entertainment
- Holding disciplinary meetings
Here you will find some example workplace scenarios on how to deal with various situations
Many employers have a January - December annual leave year. Now may be the time employees are realising how much holiday they have and are starting to ask about carry-over or last minute holidays. Our resources below will help you to manage this in a way that best suits your business.
- Holiday entitlement and pay employment law resource
- Holiday entitlement and pay templates and tools
- How to manage holiday and pay
- Creating a holiday policy checklist
- Managing holidays checklist
Templates and tools